The Health Ministry continues the faith tradition of the Christian church that we are our brothers’ keepers and we strive to promote healthy living as God intended for his creation. We encourage healthy practices, wellness, wholeness and spirituality of our congregation and the community. The Parish Nursing/Faith Nursing Ministry plays an integral role in the delivery of health care services within the larger Health Ministry with the focus on health and not on the absence of disease but emphasis on spirituality.
Things that this Health Ministry Strives to do are:
- Synchronized Healing Prayer chains
- Hospitals and nursing homes visitations
- Respite care for caregivers
- Health Education (Lectures, seminars, and motivational talks given by health care professionals)
- Health Education Brochures
- Basic Health Screenings Tests
- Mental Health Brief Counseling
- Exercise Classes and Weight Loss
- Alzheimer caregiver support groups
- Hospice/End of life education on services available in the community.
- Healthy Food Cooking classes/ demonstration
- Benefits of Humor and Health
- Disaster and Emergencies Preparedness
- CPR Training
- Sermons on Health
- Other projects as we are made aware of the need.